Just some stuff I’ve been thinking about tonight:
- Will any of this political stuff still matter to people in a month, two months, six months, once the media circus dies down? Or will we just go on about our lives?
- Will I ever be able to play barre chords without a big pause in between to reset my fingers?
- If people start to bail on Twitter because of ad schemes like #magpie, will people just find another Twitter?
- Why are more Canadians talking about the U.S. election than talked about our own election?
- Are we spending too much time analyzing everything and not enough time doing actual stuff?
- If I was going to live somewhere other than Ottawa, I’d live (in no particular order) in Calgary, Halifax, St. John’s, Cincinnati, Boston or Melbourne.
- I have exactly 23 days left to be 37, and exactly 23 days to figure out how I am going to make 38 the best year yet. I’m open to suggestions.
- I wonder if flannel pajamas will ever be socially acceptable as business attire. Wouldn’t that be awesome?
- Do people use things like Twitter because they are interested in other people’s lives or interested in telling the world how interesting their life is. Or both?
- Why do we spend so much time wondering what’s coming next? Maybe we should focus more on what’s happening now.
That’s it. My stream of consciousness substituting for a blog post tonight. Feel free to contribute your own musings in the comments. I’ll be back soon with a real post.