It’s Thanksgiving weekend in Canada. It’s the height of Autumn, the trees are a fiery glow on the brightest of blue skies. The breeze is crisp, but the last of summer’s warmth can still be felt in the sun.
Fall is my favourite time of year, not just for the beautiful days, but because it signifies change. Sleepy summer afternoons make way for the bountiful harvest of Fall. Thoughts of pumpkin pie, comfort food, and even the still distant Christmas season fill my head.
I’ve been working really hard these past few weeks. Well it’s good to be busy, especially since I’m my own boss, it’s nice to have this peaceful Saturday to sit back and reflect. In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I’ve compiled a list of all the things I am grateful for:
I am grateful for:
- My family. For their love, and their unwavering support and faith in me.
- My little nephews. They are growing up to be healthy, happy, terrific kids.
- The fact that my friends have healthy, happy, terrific kids too.
- My husband. He makes our home my soft spot to land in the midst of all the craziness.
- My pets. Four little heartbeats that fill my house with fur and chaos, but mostly love.
- My best friend and business partner. It’s so rare to have both in the same person – we know we are very fortunate.
- The Internet. Yes, the Internet. Because if not for the Internet I would have never met my husband, I would not have my dream career, and I would not have gotten to know all of you.